(Kashmir Administrative Services Examination)JKPSC KAS Answer Key Fully Solved Paper
JKPSC KAS answer key for prelims paper which was held on 19 March, 2017. Answers have been highlighted with red to have a better visualization.
Aspirants for administrative services shall be selected through the preliminary exam, main exam followed by an interview. Qualified applicants names in prelims exam will appear in the merit list and the merit list is prepared based on the cutoff marks. Applicants who qualified in the prelims exam will be eligible for Combined Competitive Main Examination.
1. Of which country is Recep Tayyip Erdogan the President ?
2. Who was adjudged the best player of EURO 2016 ?
A. Dimitri Payet
B. Fernando Santos
C. Antoine Griezmann
D. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. The city that will stage Olympics 2020 is
4. In the abbreviation DTAA, the letter D denotes
5. Which IT company was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin ?
6. The Governor of the Reserve Bank of India is
A. Raghuram Rajan
B. Chetan Chauhan
C. Urjit Patel
D. Bibek Debroy
7. The Prime Minister of Britain who visited India in November 2016 is
A. Amber Rudd
B. Theresa May
C. Liz Truss
D. Nicky Morgan
8. Who among the following is the CEO of NITIAAYOG ?
A. Amitabh Kant
B. Arvind Subramanian
C. Arvind Panagariya
D. Pradeep Baijal
9. The eleventh edition of the Asia-Europe Meeting Summit issued the
A. Tashkent Declaration
B. Ulttanbaatar Declaration
C. Bishkek Declaration
D. Dushanbe Declaration
10. When is World Tourism Day ?
GANGBAL TREKKING PACKAGE-BOOK NOW
A. August 29
B. September 27
C. October 11
D. November 6
11. Who amongst the following is the author of the book Climate Change and the Unthinkable?
A. Vikram Seth
B. Arundati Roy
C. Ruskin Bond
D. Amitav Ghosh
12. Which short film has won the First Prize at the 2016 Swachh Bharat Short Film Festival?
A. Nahna Doot
C. Chembuku Moodindi
D. Hum Swachh
13. With which sport was Arnold Palmer who passed away in September 2016 associated?
C. Car Racing
14. If HEAT is encoded as GDZS, how would you encode SMOKE?
15. If COLD is coded as DPME, how will you code ITALY?
16. Grapes : Wine :: Wheat:
17. Breeze : Cyclone :: Drizzle :
18. Matricide : Mother :: Regicide :
19. Ecstasy : Pleasure :: Rage :
20. Insomnia : Lead :: Minamata :
For Questions 21 through 25 read the following Paragraph and answer the questions, In a certain family A is the Brother of B but B isn’t his Brother. F is the Father of B’s Mother. A is the son of C who is married to D. F is the Brother of C.
21. What is the relationship of E with C?
22. What is the relationship of E to B?
D. Brother in Law
23.How many daughters are there in this family?
24. How is the relation of F to B?
D. Sister In Law
25. How is F related to D?
B. Brother in Law
27. In the Abbreviation DGCA, the letter A stands for?
28. Ian Fleming created the fictional Character?
A. Harry Potter
B. Perry mason
C. James Bond
D. Sherlock Holmes
29. “Two Leaves” in the election symbol of?
C. Shiv Sena
D. Trinamul Congress
30. With which sport is the term caddie associated?
31. In pursuance of recommendation of the Narasimham Committee, the RBI has framed new guidelines to
A. To govern entry of new private sector banks to make the banking sector more competitive
B.To reduce the freedom given to banks to rationalize their existing branch network
C.To set up more foreign exchange banks
D.To lend for easily for industrial
32.Which district has been declared as the Mushroom District of Himachal Pradesh?
33.The Ninth Schedule of the Constitution of India was
A. Added by the First Amendment
B.Added by the 24th Amendment
C.Added by the 42th Amendment
D.As per of the original Constitution
34.Pepsin, a digestive enzyme that is produced in the
35.Escudo and Lir were the former currencies of
A.Spain and Germany
B.Germany and Portugal
C.Spain and Italy
D. Portugal and Italy
36.What was Mahatma Gandhi’s first action which brought him into the limelight and made him a national hero?
A.Satyagrah at Kheda
B. Satyagraha at Champaran
C.Bonfire of foreign clothes
D.Non Cooperative Movement
37.The “Communal Award” declared by the British led to which covenant?
A. Gandhi-Ambedkar Pact
D.Congress-Muslim League Pact
38.The Federal Court of India was remodled in the Supreme Court on 26th January 1960. Who was the first Chief Justice of Supreme Court?
C. H.J. Kania
39.Who was the first martyr of the freedom movement to be hanged by the British?
A.Domodar Hari Chapekar
D.Madan Lal Dhingra
40.In which year did the Brirtish Government adaptwhat come to be known as Morle Minto reforms?
41.Who gave the slogan “DO or Die”?
A.Subhas Chandra Bose
B.Chandra Shekhar Azad
C. Mahatma Gandhi
42.The All India Khilafat Conference was held in november 1919. Where was it held?
43. Who led the salt Satyagrah Movement aftyer the arrest of Mahatma Gamdhi?
A.Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan
B. Abbas Tayyabji
44. When did the king of britain relinquish the title of “Emperor of India”?
A.14 August 1947
B.15 August 1947
C. 22 June 1948
D.26 june 1950
45. When did Gandhi confer the title of “Sardar” on Vallabhai Patel?
A.During the Civil Disobedience Movement(1930-31)
B.When Patrel gave up his practice at the Bar of law.
C.During the “Satyagrah” at Kheda
D.After the “Satyagrah” at Bardoli
46. Who was the first Prime Minister of Bangladesh?
A.Sheikh Mujibur Rehman
47. Who found the “Indian National Army”(Azad Hind Fauj)?
A.Shubhash Chandra Bose
B.Rash Bihari Bose
C.Chnadra Shekhar Azad
48. The First Rajdhani Express was introduced in the year 1969. It was the first super fast train in India with a speed of 139 km/hr. What was its route?
A. New Delhi-Bombay VT
B. New Delhi-Madras
C. New Delhi-Howrah
49. The Gandhi Irwin pact was ratified by the congress at its Karachi session on 29 March 1939. Who presided over this session?
A. Vallabhai Patel
B. Rajendra Prasad
C. Jawaharlal Nehru
D. R Amritlal
50. In which year was the famous Khadiram Bose hanged for throwing a bomb?
51. Where was the revolutionary Chandra Shekhar Azad killed in a shooting encounter with the police in a public park in January 1931?
52. Where did Vasco da Gama made his first landing in India?
53. Who presided over the first round table conference?
A. Winston Churchill
B. Clement Atlee
C. Ramsay McDonald
D. Lord Mountbaten
54. The First to have trade relations with India were the?
55. In 1942 the Cripps commission promised to grant?
A. Compete Dominion Status to India
B. Self Government in India
C. Provincial Government in India
D. Interim Government in India
56. Lord Welleseley greatly extended the British Dominion through?
A. Doctrine of Lapse
B. Subsidiary Alliance
C. Partitioning India
D. Annexing Princely States
57. The Governor General of India who Initiated the Introduction of English in India was?
A. Lord Curzon
B. Lord Macaulay
C. Lord Bentinck
D. Lord Dalhousie
58. Which one of the following leaders belonged to the extremist wing of congress?
A. Aurobindo Ghosh
B. Dadabhai Naroji
C. GK Ghokle
D. SN Banarjee
59. Who was called the Grand Old “Man of India”?
A. Dadabhai Naroji
B. Jamshedji Tata
C. Surendernath Banerjee
D. C. Rajaopalachari
60. Mahatma Gandhi was profoundly influeced by the writing of?
A. Bernard Shaw
B. Karl Marx
D. Leo Tolstoy
61. The Stethoscope was invented by ?
B. Rene Laennec
C. Ian Donald
62. Brass is an Alloy of ?
A. Copper and Tin
B. Copper and Zinc
C. Zinc and Aluminium
D. Copper and Iron
63. Who said ‘A body will remain in the rest unless an external force acts on the body’?
64. The Scientist who first discovered the Earth revolves round the Sun was?
65. Osteology is the study of ?
66. Trachoma is a disease of the?
67. The First atomic Bomb was dropped on Hiroshima on?
A. August 6, 1939
B. August 6, 1945
C. August 9, 1945
D. August 9, 1939
68. PYORRHOEA is a disease of the?
69. Medulla Oblongata is a part of the Human?
70.OSTEOMALACIA is a disease caused by the shortage of
A. Vitamin A
B. Vitamin B
C. Vitamin C
D. Vitamin D
71.Oxygen was dicovered by
72. Nunis Matics is the study of
73. The boundary line between India and China is called
A. Mac Mohan Line
B. Durand Line
C. Red Cliffe Line
D. 44 degree parallel
74. Joule is the unit of
75. Which of the following is not a primary color
76. The diaphragm in
C. Circulation Of Blood
D. Excretion of Water
77.___________ is unwanted and periodic loss of consciousness due to nervous disorder
78. The chemical name of table salt is
B. Sodium Chloride
C. Calcium Chloride
D. Calcium Sulphate
79. Foood ids cooked quickly in a pressure cooker because
A. Boiling point of water is decreased
B. Boiling point of water is increased
C. It absorbs hest quickly
D. It retains heat for a long duration
80. Persons in asbestos factories are affected by air pollution. The most affected part of their body is?
81. Who remains in Office as long as the President Wishes?
B. Judges of Supreme Court
C. Election Commissioner
D. Speaker of Lok Sabha
82. Abyssinia is the former Name of?
83. Which one of the following states does not have its own High Court?
B. Himachal Pradesh
84. Which one of the following High Courts has the Territorial Jurisdiction over the Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
A. Andhra Pradesh
85. Under which article of the Constitution of India is the Finance Commission Constituted?
86. Fiscal Policy Refers to?
A. Rural Credit POlicy
B. Exim Policy
C. Fertilizer Policy
D. Union Budgetary Policy
87. The Preamble of the Constitution of India was largely influenced by the constitution of?
B. Irish Republic
88. The Provisions regarding suspension of Fundamental Rights of Citizens during emergencies were burrowed from?
A. The Constitution of Canada
B. The Constitution of USA
C. The Constitution of South Africa
D. The Constitution of Germany
89. The Final decision whethera bill is a money bill or not ends with?
A. The Public accounts Commission
B. The Speaker of Lok Sabha
C. The Union Finance Minister
D. The Minister of Parlimentary Affairs
90. Pampas are the vast grassy plains of ?
A. South America
B. North America
91. Martin Luther King was assassinated in?
92. The Bolshevik Revolution is associated with?
93. The Slogan of the French Revolution was?
A. One Nation, One Leader, One Flag
B. Government of by and for the people
C. Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
D. Workers of the world Unite
94. Which of the Following is a marsupial?
95. Both Vardhamana Mahavira and Gautam Buddha preached their doctrines during the reign of?
96. The Last of the 24 Jain Tirthankaras was?
A. Parsva Nath
97. Jainism was divided into two sects known as?
A. Ajivaka and Nyaya Vaisesika
B. Svemtambara & Digambara
C. Kapaklika & Kalamukha
D. Mahayana & Hinayana
98. The auther of ‘We the People’ is
A) T.N. Kaul
B) Jim Corbert
C) Nari Palkhivala
99. Which one of the following nations is NOT a member of the Eurasian Economic Union
100. The monetry unit if Israel is
101. The Fictional charactor ‘Pickwick’ was created by
A) Charles lamb
B) William Shakespeare
C) Charles Dickens
D) Sydney Porter
102. Who was the ‘Saint of the Gutters’?
A) Mother Teresa
B) Florence Nightangale
C) Baba Amte
D) MJ Anthony
103. The Parliament of Japan is called
104. Name the cricketer who was called ‘Rawalpindi Express’?
A) Imran Khan
B) Waqar Yonus
C) Shoib Akhter
D) Wasim Akram
105. Which contituency has Mohammad Azharddin, the former crickter, represented in the Parliament?
106. Who was the first woman to climb Mount Everest?
A) Bachandari Pal
B) Santosh Yadav
C) Junko Tabei
D) Florence Griffith
107. What is the Indian language spoken mostly in Kerala?
108. Invisible exports means exports of ?
B) Prohibited goods
C) Unrecorded goods
D) Goods through smuggling
109. In which yesr were fourteen banks nationalised in India?
110. Which of the following is not a function of the Reserve Bank Of India?
A. Credit Control
B. Issue of Currency
C. Formation of Monetary Policy
D. Credit Creation
111. In November 2016 which of the following were demonitised?
A) Rs. 500
B) Rs. 1,000
C) Rs. 500 & Rs. 1,000
D) Rs. 1,000 and Rs. 2,000
112. Kaziranga Wild life santuary is in the state of
113. The first explorer to reach the South Polo was
114. A country surrounded by South Africa on all sides is
115. The difference between the time in Britian and India is
A) 3 hours
B) 4 1/2 hours
C) 5 1/2 hours
D) 7 hours
116. Which of the following is the biggest of the Japanese islands?
117. Where is the Asiatic Wild ass found?
B) Rann of Kutch
118. Hari Prasad Chaurasia is a renowned player of
119. Rangaswami Cup is associated with
C) Table Tennis
120. The Union Minister of Agriculture is
A) Lalji Tandon
B) Radha Mohan Singh
C) Rudy Pratap Singh
D) Prakash Javadekar