JKSSB Graduate Level Paper 2015 Fully Solved with Complete Explanations
It was after the request of some readers who asked for JKSSB graduate level paper with complete answers and after lot of hard work, we were finally able to upload JKSSB graduate level paper with responsive answers and explanations where needed. Inspite of continuous revisions we doubt there might be some omissions or typos. So all the readers are highly encouraged to give there feedback in the comments section below to improve the content and overall learning experience.
51. Which of the following displays the name of the web page in internet explorer browser?
(A) Menu bar
(B) Title bar
(C) Address bar
(D) Standard tool bar
52. if a car moves with a speed of 50 meters per second and a jeep with 10 meters per second covering a distance of 100 meters then the time of travel for the respective vehicles will be
(A) 2 seconds and 10 seconds
(B) 10 seconds and 2 seconds
(C) 5 seconds and 10 seconds
(D) 10 seconds and 5 seconds
53. Who was the first captain of Indian test cricket team?
(A) Lala Amarnath
(B) C. K. Naidu
(C) Vijay Hazare
(D) Polly Umrigar
54. Which of the following awards in science is given by the World Cultural Council?
(A) Albert Einstein World Award of Science
(B) Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award
(C) National Bioscience Award for Career Development
(D) FASEB Excellence in Science Award
55. Which of the following is the source of river Tawi?
(A) Bara-lacha la
(C) Kailash Kund(Kalpus Kund) spring
56. If D=3 and MAPLE=42 then FISH is coded as
57. Assembly language is a
(A) machine language
(B) high level language
(C) low level language
(D) language which helps in assembling computers
58. George Simon Ohm defines the unit of resistance of “1 Ohm” as the resistance between two points in a conductor where the application of 1 volt will push 1 ampere, or 6.241 *1018 electrons. This value is usually represented in schematics with the Greek letter
59. Select the noun clause in the given sentence-That you have come pleases me.
(A) That you have come
(B) pleases me
(C) have come
(D) that you
60. 1024 bytes is
(A) 1 Megabyte
(B) 1 Gigabyte
(C) 1 Kilobyte
(D) 1 Bit
61. In order to use format painter multiple times, we should
(A) click on lock format painter icon
(B) double click on the format painter icon
(C) click on multiple use option under format painter
(D) it cannot be used multiple times
62. We do not know how to manage our machines. Machines were made to be man’s servants; yet has grown so dependent on them that they are in a fair way to become his masters. Already most men spend most of their lives looking after and waiting upon machines. And the machines are very stern masters. They must be fed with coal, and given petrol to drink, and oil to wash with, and they must be kept at the right temperature. And if they do not get their meals when they expect them, they grow sulky and refuse to work, or burst with rage, and blow up, and spread ruin and destruction all around them. So we have to wait upon them very attentively and do all that we can to keep them in a good temper. Already we find it difficult either to work or play without the machines, and a time may come when they will rule us altogether, just as we rule the animals.
The underlined pronoun in the sentence- ‘they must be fed with coal’, refers to
63. Which one of the following historical icons inaugurated the newspaper, ‘The Hindustan Times’ in the year 1924?
(A) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
(B) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(C) Mahatma Gandhi
(D) Subhash Chandra Bose
64. Halons are ozone depleting substances. Halon 1211 has been widely used in
(B) manufacturing of polyurethane
(D) portable fire extinguisher
65. Identify the next number of the number series 31, 40, 65, …
66. Identify the correct option that follows the pattern given in the series below BTBP, CUCQ, DVDR, …
67. Which of the following straits separate Russia from Alaska?
(A) Gibraltar strait
(B) Palk strait
(C) Bering strait
(D) Johor strait
68. If the distance covered by a car moving with speed of 500 m/s is 5 km then the time of travel is given by
(A) 20 seconds
(B) 15 seconds
(C) 10 seconds
(D) 05 seconds
69. In which of the following waves, particles of the medium undergo a circular motion?
(A) Transverse wave
(B) Longitudinal wave
(C) Surface wave
(D) Mechanical wave
70. Identify the noun clause in the given sentence-Her belief that someday she would succeed, proved to be true.
(A) her belief that some day
(B) that someday she would succeed
(C) proved to be true
(D) she would succeed
71. Who was the writer of ‘Rajatarangini’ that records the oldest and fullest history of the legendary kings of Kashmir?
72. The official reunification of East and West Germany was conducted on
(A) 03rd October, 1990
(B) 11th September, 1987
(C) 03rd January, 1990
(D) 15th December. 1991
73. The time taken to respond, should be least in
(A) Network operating system
(B) Real time operating system
(C) Batch operating system
(D) Unix operating system
(A) Film Industry
(B) Television Drama
75. Anaerobic digestion is a process of producing biogas in the absence of
(D) Carbon dioxide
76. Protons are made of other particles called quarks. There are three quarks in each proton — two “up” quarks and one “down” quark, which are surrounded or held together by other particles called
77. According to historians, Kashmir valley was originally known by which of the following names?
78. Which of the following is an example of longitudinal waves?
(A) Tsunami waves
(B) Ultraviolet waves
(C) Television waves
(D) Gamma rays
79. Fill in the blank with the correct form of the verb: I_______for two hours when you arrive.
(A) was sleeping
(B) will have been sleeping
(C) am sleeping
(D) had slept
80. Select the appropriate synonym for the underlined word-
It was a stormy night, and the waves dashed against each other.
81. Which key on the keyboard can be used to open the file menu option in internet explorer?
(A) Shift F key
(B) Alt F key
(C) Ctrl F key
(D) F4 key
82. If Keyboard is related to Monitor then Equation is related to-
83. ROM is a type of
(A) volatile memory
(B) non-volatile memory
(C) static memory
(D) dynamic memory
84. Which of the following nations is one of the nine observer countries of SAARC?
(D) New Zealand
85. The branch of Physics which deals with the description of motion of objects without reference to the force or agent causing motion in it, is called
86. Which of the following is TRUE for the hardware of a computer?
(A) One hardware can support only one type of software
(B) Hardware can function independently without software
(6) Hardware is a continuous expense
(D) Hardware is a one-time expense
87. ‘Nani Palkhivala: Courtroom Genius’, is authored by which of the following personalities?
(A) Fali S. Nariman
(B) Cyrus Mistry
(C) Robert Browing
(D) Soli J. Sorabjee
88. Renuka lake is situated in which of the following states of India?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh
(B) Jammu and Kashmir
(C) Himachal Pradesh
89. Fill in the blank with the correct form of the verb:
Kumar fell off the ladder when he_______the roof.
(A) is mending
(B) was mending
(D) is mend
90. Which of the following is one of the six official languages of the United Nations?
91. The Bahu fort is situated on the banks of the river
92. The number of 2 digit numbers formed using 3, 5, 7, and 9 in which the digits must not be repeated, is
93. Which of the following novels has won the Pulitzer prize 2015 in the category of fiction?
(A) The Ophan Master’s son
(B) Stag’s Leap
(C) All the Light We Cannot See
(D) The Black count
94. Which part of the email address email@example.com is called the domain name?
95. Single Basin System is a method used to harness the
(A) Solar energy
(B) Tidal energy
(C) Wind energy
(D) Nuclear energy
96. Which of the following performs the conversion of an assembly language code into a machine language code?
97. In a human respiratory system the air-sacs at the end of bronchioles are known as
98. Dravidian languages of southern India use which of the following scripts?
(A) Devanagari script
(B) Brahmi script
(C) Gurmukhi script
(D) Bhujimol script
99. Identify the noun clause in the sentence-He denied that he had written the letter.
(A) he denied that
(B) that he had written
(C) that he had written the letter
(D) written the letter
100. Fill in the blank with the correct preposition:
I purposely refrained_____saying more.
101. Under whose reign was the Hari Parbat fort built?
(B) Hari Singh
(C) Gulab Singh
(D) Ranjit Singh
102. Identify the odd one out from the sequence given below
103. Which of the following statements is incorrect regarding resistance in electrical circuit?
(A) The amount of resistance determines whether the circuit is a “good conductor” or a “bad conductor”
(B) Resistance can be linear in nature or non-linear in nature
(C) Resistance can be either positive or negative
(D) The reciprocal of resistance is called conductance
104. in which part of the constitution of Jammu and Kashmir is the Directive Principles of the State Policy mentioned?
(A) Part III
(B) Part IV
(C) Part V
(D) Part VI
105. From which of the following constituencies did Mufti Mohammad Sayeed win the Legislative Assembly election 2014?
106. Which of the following types of computers is used in weather forecasting application?
(A) Mainframe computer
(C) Super computer
(D) Mini computer
107. What should be the time frame to provide information under Jammu and Kashmir Right to information Act 2009, if it concerns the life and liberty of a person?
(A) Twenty four hours
(B) Forty eight hours
(C) Thirty days
(D) Forty days
108. The amount of displacement from the equilibrium or rest position that is equal to one half of the wave height is known as
109. International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) reports annually to which of the following organs of United Nations system of organization?
(A) International Court of Justice
(B) World Trade Organization
(C) General Assembly
(D) Economic and Social Council
110. Riboflavin is other name of
(A) Vitamin B2
(B) Vitamin B3
(C) Vitamin B6
(D) Vitamin B12
111. One morning Virat and Shikhar sat in a park and 116 were discussing about the upcoming cricket series.The shadow of Virat was failing to his right and the shadow of Shikhar was falling to his left. In which direction was Virat facing?
112.Which of the following shows the default alignment of data in Microsoft Excel?
(A) Text is left aligned and numbers are right aligned
(B) Text is right aligned and numbers are left aligned
(C) Both the text and numbers are left aligned
(D) Both the text and numbers are right aligned
113. Which of the following was the era of Shah Jahan in Indian history?
(D) 1759- 1806
114. The famous book ‘Harsha Charita’, is written by which of the following authors?
(B) Shri Aurobindo
(C) Bana Bhatt
115. Which of the following can be identified by the word’Pentium’?
(D) Hard disk
116. Constitutional Monarchical form of government exists in which of the following countries?
117. Choose the correct conclusion that follows the given statements
Some teachers are actors.
Some actors are poor.
I. Some teachers are poor.
II. Some poor are teachers.
(A) Neither I nor II follows
(B) Either I or II follows
(C) Only conclusion II follows
(D) Only conclusion I follows
118. Peter Higgs was awarded Nobel prize in Physics in 2013 for which of the following studies?
(A) Understanding the origin of mass of subatomic particles
(B) Manipulation of Individual Quantum systems
(C) Discovery of Quasicrystals
(D) Two-dimensional material graphene
119. Select the right modal for the blank-
Mark _________left early, then he wouldn’t have missed his flight.
(A) may have
(B) should have
(C) might have
(D) would have
120. Who among the following became the first winner of the Man Booker Prize in 2002?
(A) Paul Scott
(B) Eleanor Catton
(C) Yann Martel
(D) Stanley Middleton
121. One of the great sports icon and boxing legend Muhammad Alt belongs to which of the following countries?
122. In which year did the state of Sikkim become the integral part of India after holding the referendum?
123. The finals of the Stanley cup, Ice Hockey Championship trophy held in June 2015 was played at
(A) Olympiastadion in Berlin, Germany
(B) London, England
(C) Quebec City, Canada
(D) Tampa Bay and Chicago, USA
124. John started from his house. He walked 5 kms towards South direction. Then he took a right turn and walked for around 3 kms. Again he took a right turn and walked for around 5 kms. In which direction is he with respect to his house?
125. Which of the following units communicates with input/output device for transfer of data?
(B) Memory unit
(C) Storage unit
(D) Control unit
126. if the statement x > 12 and x < 15 is false then x =
127. Fill in the blank with the correct option:
I cannot forget______kindness with which she treated me.
(D) no article
128. If A is the sister of B and C is the son of B then which of the following relations is correct?
(A) C is the nephew of A
(B) C is the niece of A
(C) A is not related to C
(D) A is the brother of C
129. Tritium is an isotope of hydrogen. Its structure has
(A) 1 proton, 1 electron, and 2 neutrons
(B) 1 proton, 1 electron, and 1 neutron
(C) 1 proton, 2 electrons and 1 neutron
(D) 1 proton, 2 electrons and 2 neutrons
130. Which of the following is an output device?
(A) Joy stick
(C) Graphic plotter
(D) Light pen
131. In the atmosphere which of the following reacts with volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and carbon monoxide to produce ground-level ozone through a complicated chain reaction mechanism?
(A) Sulphur dioxide
(B) Hydrogen peroxide
(C) Nitrogen oxides
(D) Carbon monoxide
132. If PENDRIVE is coded as 12496572 and POND as 1349 then DROP will be coded as
133. Diamonds are a crystal form of
(A) Pure Magnesium
(B) Pure Carbon
(C) Pure Silicon
(D) Pure Sulphur
134. The next edition of the Asian Cup for the year 2019, run by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) will be held at
135. Plasma panel and LED monitors are what type of displays?
(A) Non Emissive
136. Kentucky Derby, event is associated with which of the following sports?
(D) Horse Racing
137. Computers of which generation are known as ‘Integrated circuit based’ computers?
(A) Generation 3
(B) Generation 2
(C) Generation 4
(D) Generation 5
138. Select the right option-
“Hurry up,” he said to his servant, “do not waste time.”
(A) He asked his servant to hurry up and not to waste time
(B) He told his servant he had to hurry up and not to waste time
(C) He requested his servant hurry up and not wasting time
(D) He told his servant not wasting time he should hurry up
139. Who is the first woman from India to win a ‘Gold Medal’ in Asian Games?
(A) Bhagyashree Thipsay
(B) Kamijit Sandhu
(C) Santosh Yadav
(D) Aarti Saha
140. Which of the following statements is incorrect regarding transportation of water, food and minerals in plants?
(A) The transport of water arid dissolved mineral salts from the roots to the leaves is known as ascent of sap
(B) Water and minerals are transported from the roots upwards through the phloem tissues
(C) The pressure with which water is pushed into the xylem tubes of the root is called root pressure
(D) Sucrose is the main form of carbohydrate that is translocated in plants
141. Which of the following was the first installed OS in PCs?
(D) Windows 98
142. Select the Appropriate Antonym for the Underlined word-
Peter was Max’s ally in whatever games they played
143. In which of the following districts of jammu and kashmir, is the Chutak Hydro electric project located
144. We do not know how to manage our machines. Machines were made to be man’s servants; yet has grown so dependent on them that they are in a fair way to become his masters. Already most men spend most of their lives looking after and waiting upon machines. And the machines are very stern masters. They must be fed with coal, and given petrol to drink, and oil to wash with, and they must be kept at the right temperature. And if they do not get their meals when they expect them, they grow sulky and refuse to work, or burst with rage, and blow up, and spread ruin and destruction all around them. So we have to wait upon them very attentively and do all that we can to keep them in a good temper. Already we find it difficult either to work or play without the machines, and a time may come when they will rule us altogether, just as we rule the animals.
In the sentence, ‘they are in a fair way to become his master’s , the homophone of the underlined word is
145. Which of the following crops had the highest yield (Kg/Hectare) in the year 2012-13 in India ?
(B) Coarse Cereals
146. Fill in the blank with the correct preposition:
He is Married_________ my cousin
147. Which of the following devices can be used to convert a signal from television camera into a series of numbers that could be stored in the computer?
148. If RABIT is coded as Tibar, then Physics will be coded as
149. Jammu city is also known by which of the following names.
(A) City of Temples
(B) City of Flowers
(C) City of Pearls
(D) City of Lakes
150. In which year was the ASEAN, Socio cultural community (ASCC) Blueprint adopted by ASEAN group of Nations
151. Re-arrange the following sentences to form a meaningful paragraph-
a. Every day brings new advertisements of literary undertakings
b. Of growing wise on easier terms than our progenitors
c. and we are flattered with repeated promises
d. One of the peculiarities which distinguish the present age is the multiplication of books
(A) a, b, d, c
(B) d, c, b, a
(C) d, a, c, b
(D) d, b, a, c
152. Identify the correct option that follows the pattern given in the series below
AKHT, SBVR, QFCK, …
153. Into how many parts is the constitution of Jammu and Kashmir divided?
154. Select the meaning of the below given phrase-
There is nothing so bad as washing one’s dirty linen in public.
(A) washing ones clothes in the open
(B) cleaning dirty clothes in the public
(C) discussing unpleasant private matters before strangers
(D) washing others dirty clothes
155. If x > y + 7 and xy < 40 the value of y can be
156. Which of the following is an anthropogenic source of air pollution emissions?
(A) Controlled burn particles used in agriculture
(D) Radioactive decay
157. Identify the next number of the number series 18, 17, 13, …
158. Hassan Rouhani was elected as the President of which of the following countries in 2013?
(D) Saudi Arabia
159. Identify the correct option that follows the pattern given in the series below
TUBA, PQYX, FGNM, …
160. Ethanol is a biofuel. Which of the following statements regarding ethanol is incorrect?
(A) Ethanol contains 35% oxygen
(B) Ethanol is a renewable fuel produced from plants
(C) Blending ethanol in gasoline dramatically increases carbon monoxide tailpipe emissions
(D) Ethanol also reduces secondary particulate matter formation by diluting aromatic content in gasoline
161. Keratomalacia is caused due to deficiency of
(A) Vitamin A
(B) Vitamin D
(C) Vitamin K
(D) Vitamin E
162. Identify the odd one out from the sequence given below
163. If A is the grandfather of B and C is the Mother of B j then C is
(A) The granddaughter of A
(B) The daughter of A
(C) The grandson of A
(D) The brother of A
164. Hexadecimal equivalent of 101000010111 is
165. Select the right modal for the blank-When we lived in Malaysia, we________often________ in the restaurant next to my flat.
(A) will, eat
(B) would, eat
(C) have, ate
(D) could, eaten
166. Newton’s first law of motion is often known as
(A) Law of Inertia
(B) Law of Velocity
(C) Law of Speed
(D) Law of Rest
167. Which of the following is TRUE for system software in comparison with application software?
(A) Generally written in low level language
(B) More interactive
(C) Generally written in high level language
(D) It is easier to design and understand
168. if A is the brother of B and C is the mother of A then
(A) A is the father of C
(B) A is not related to C
(C) A is the sister of C
(D) C is the mother of B
169. Fill in the blank with the correct form of the verb: The boy_____everyday at five O’clock.
(A) get up
(B) getting up
(C) gets up
(D) got up
170. if CARE is coded as FCSI then JUNK will be coded as
171. Identify the next number of the number series 18,22,31,…
172. Fill in the blank with the correct option:
______more they get,_______more they want.
(A) a, a
(B) the, a
(C) the, the
(D) the, an
173. In which part of the human body are the White Blood Cells or WBC produced?
(A) Bile Duct
(B) Large Intestine
(C) Bone marrow
174. If the daughter of A is niece of B then which of the following relations is correct?
(A) A is uncle of B
(B) A is not related to B
(C) B is the brother of A
(D) B is the mother of A
175. What is the government called, when the control is exercised by a small group of individuals, whose authority generally is based on wealth or power?
176. Ozone depletion will increase the UV radiation through atmosphere. This radiation will increase the incidence of
(A) bone cancer
(B) eye cancer
(C) lung cancer
(D) skin cancer
177. Video cards, hard disk, power supplies etc. have to be compatible with which of the following parts of the computer?
(D) Control Unit
178. If you end a PowerPoint presentation during slideshow by pressing the escape key, you will be taken to the
(A) last slide of the presentation
(B) first slide of the presentation
(C) slide you were viewing in the show
(D) You will be prompted to choose the slide you want to go to
179. Which of the following devices converts mechanical energy into electrical energy?
(C) Solar panels
180. In which of the following districts of Jammu and Kashmir is the Manasbal lake situated?