Current Affairs Weekly Quiz- 17 March 2018
Welcome to the Weekly Current Affairs Quiz Section of CareerLeaks which is first of its kind in Jammu and Kashmir. These are fact based questions from around the world compiled mainly for aspirants of JKSSB, JKPSC, IBPS Banking, Bank Clerical, CLAT, MBA entrance exams, and other examinations of similar nature.
1. Which country’s hockey team has won the 27th edition of the Sultan Azlan Shah cup 2018?
A. New Zealand
2. Who will be the new head of the Press Information Bureau?
A. Ira Josh
B. Sitanshu Kar
C. Frank Noronha
D. T S Baku
3. Which cricket team has won the 45th edition of the Deodhar Trophy 2018?
C. India B
D. Tamil Nadu
4. Which online payment service provider has become the official umpire partner of the IPL for 5 years?
5. Stephen Hawking, the legendary theoretical physicist has passed away. He belonged to which country?
A. United States
C. United Kingdom
6. The Union Government has launched TB-free India Campaign from which city to eradicate TB from India by 2025?
C. New Delhi
D. Gandhi Nagar
7. India’s tallest Flag has been unfurled in which city of Karnataka?
8. The π (pi) Day is observed on which date?
A. March 13
B. March 14
C. March 15
D. March 12
9. What is the India’s GDP growth forecast for FY 19, as per World Bank’s latest report “India Development Update – India’s Growth Story”?
10. Who is the newly elected President of Nepal?
A. Bidya Devi Bhandari
B. Kumari Laxmi Rai
C. Ram Baran Yadav
D. Bhimsen Thapa