Current Affairs Weekly Quiz- 06 January 2018
Welcome to the Weekly Current Affairs Quiz Section of CareerLeaks which is first of its kind in Jammu and Kashmir. These are fact based questions from around the world compiled mainly for aspirants of JKSSB, JKPSC, IBPS Banking, Bank Clerical, CLAT, MBA entrance exams, and other examinations of similar nature.
1. Who has been appointed new President of the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR)?
A. Vinay Sahasrabuddhe
B. Lokesh Chandra
C. MJ Akbar
D. Kailash Vijayvargiya
2. Who has been named Globe Soccer’s Best Player for the year 2017?
A. Radamel Falcao
B. Lionel Messi
C. Franck Ribery
D. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. Which cricket team has won the 2017 Ranji Trophy tournament?
4. Who has taken charge as the new CEO and MD of Infosys?
A. Michael Pesch
B. Nandan Nilekani
C. Salil Parekh
D. Pravin Rao
5. Who has been appointed the new Foreign Secretary of India?
B. Vijay Keshav Gokhale
C. Madhukar Bhave
D. Husain Dalwai
6. Radha Vishwanathan, the noted vocalist has passed away. She hailed from which state?
B. Tamil Nadu
C. Andhra Pradesh
7. Prime Minister’s official website – www.pmindia.gov.in – is available in how many languages?
8. Which of the following countries has formally joined as the new non-permanent members of UNSC?
9. Which state to host the 3rd edition of the Science Film Festival of India (SCI-FFI 2018)?
C. Tamil Nadu
D. Jammu & Kashmir
10. Which state to host the 39th National Games in 2022?