Current Affairs Weekly Quiz- 21 October 2017
Welcome to the Weekly Current Affairs Quiz Section of CareerLeaks which is first of its kind in Jammu and Kashmir. These are fact based questions from around the world compiled mainly for aspirants of JKSSB, JKPSC, IBPS Banking, Bank Clerical, CLAT, MBA entrance exams, and other examinations of similar nature.
1. Who is the new Director-General (DG) of UNESCO?
A. Audrey Azoulay
B. Hamad Kawari
C. Fleur Pellerin
D. Irina Bokova
2. The International Day of Rural Women is observed on which date?
A. October 15
B. October 16
C. October 14
D. October 17
3. What is the theme of the 2017 World Food Day (WFD)?
A. Change the world: Invest in food security
B. Change the future: Invest in rural development
C. Change is needed to feed world
D. Change the future of migration. Invest in food security and rural development
4. Who has won the Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for 2015 -16?
A. Shyam Benegal
B. T M Krishna
C. Javed Akhtar
D. P N Haksar
5. Which football team has won the 37th All India Governor’s Gold Cup football tournament-2017?
A. Hindustan Eagles
B. Churchill Brothers
C. Delhi Dynamos
D. Mohun Bagan
6. India’s first-ever All India Institute of Ayurveda has come up in which city?
B. New Delhi
7. Who is the author of the book “Beyond the Dream Girl”?
A. Bhavna Somaiya
B. Ram Kamal Mukherjee
C. Ramesh Sippy
D. Bala Krishna
8. Who has become the India’s first-ever woman wrestler to sign for World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)?
A. Geeta Phogat
B. Babita Kumari
C. Sakshi Malik
D. Kavita Devi
9. Which e-commerce company has tied up with Union Ministry of Textile to promote handloom industry?
10.Who has won the 2017 Man Booker Prize?
A. George Saunders
B. Zadie Smith
C. Sebastian Barry
D. Colin Thubron